Sunday, January 16, 2011

Result of my Shopping

So now that I've got my new toaster oven and I'm reading and RARING to start baking I knew I needed some supplies. I went out shopping today, and here are the results of my plunder...

  •  4 Different-sized Organizing Jars (Have oats, Rice flour, Tapioca flour, & Pumpkin seeds in them)
  • Muffin Baking Pan
  • Muffin Cups
  • Bread Pan (Already a little burnt due to my corn bread adventure...)
  • Rolling Pin
  • Storing Container
  • Fancy Glass perfect for GREEN MONSTERS :)
And I got this is all cheap, cheap, cheap too! Want to know a 'starving student's' best friend? THE DOLLAR STORE! Seriously guys, check it out - you wouldn't believe the stuff you'll find there. I got everything on the left for about six dollars!
The jars I did get from Wal-mart however, but they were on sale (how could I resist)!


I'm having trouble getting started on my homework. It seems like the more I have to do, the less I want to do it.  Why don't we look at my night's cooking instead??

I made gluten-free spaghetti for dinner. I got the recipe from glutenfreeda.com, but modified it a bit by adding more veggies and taking out the tomatoes (I'm not a tomato fan):
Start by sauteing garlic and onions in a frying pan for about 15 minutes. (My corn bread is cooling next door)

Add any other veggies that you're craving, I chose red peppers and spinach.

Once the veggies are at your preferred tenderness, add rice noodles (which you should've already cooked following the package instructions). Top with basil and chives - I just went by taste for how much I should add. 

Top with balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, & ENJOY!

This turned out fantastic, and I've got plenty of leftovers for dinners this week :)

Well I guess I should get back to the homework grind. Just thought I'd leave you with a neat-o picture of my new glass.



Now if that glass isn't perfect for green monsters, than I don't know what is!


No comments:

Post a Comment